There are many ways we can say “I remember and I loved this person”. Here are some ideas provided by our friends that can be utilized during an anniversary, a birthday or any gathering to honor your loved one.
Here are some simple & easy ideas to start:
- Light a candle in their memory
- Create a memory book (scrapbook) of photos to distribute to family members
- Make a donation in “memory of” to your loved ones favorite charity
- Wear photo jewelry of your loved one
- Create a memorial scholarship in their honor
- Write stories or poetry about their life and your memories
- Play their favorite music or create a CD of their favorite songs
- Make a quilt from their favorite clothing
Please share your original ideas with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post them regularly so others may share in creative ways to memorialize their loved ones also.
Here are some topics to consider:
Holidays, Birthdays & Anniversaries
- How have you observed these occasions after a loss?
Final Burial Events
- What ideas can you share for unique and beautiful burials and similar events?
- What events in your area have you started or participated in to celebrate your loved one?
- How have your traditions and observances changed to incorporate remembrance of your loved one?
Symbols & Rituals
- In which symbols and rituals have you found comfort and meaning (i.e. – butterflies, flowers, altars)?
- How you have kept your loved one’s memory alive through a garden, memorial planting or other tie to nature?
- What causes have you found especially significant?